NOTE: Sold in packs of 10, not individually.
For delegates attending facilitated workshops.
1) A-4 folder including 16-page spiral bound delegate workbook and contents listed below:
- Introduces staff to 7 individual ‘tools’ for use in assisting staff to engage inconversations with patients/families and/or to pick up clues that may otherwise be missed.
- Experiential exercises; Personal reflection; Capturing key lessons learned; Action items/skills learned to implement with team or with patients/post workshop.
- Increased personal commitment and confidence aligned with tools can be used to cascade awareness and learning to staff teams and MDT following the course.
2) Breaking the Silence DVD
- 12-minute film including excerpts of patient/family stories to inspire others to start conversations earlier including those with lived experience of dementia, cardiac, stroke and cancer and a child’s perspective.
- Experience from patient/family perspectives; reinstills messages from workshop; Key messages and framework of workshop integrated in video.
- Can be used by delegates post workshop at staff meetings and/or as another tool to assist with family discussions in some situations.
3) The Conversation Game Cards®
- Evidence based and pilot tested deck of 36 values and wishes when facing end of life now being used by staff and families across the UK.
- Facilitates personal and professional awareness of patient-centered wishes and preferences, enhances listening skills and provides an external tool for initiating conversations or leaving behind for patient/family discussions.
- Can be used with patients and families to start/consider wishes and values; lessons learned can be used to initiate conversations.
4) Planning for* Your Future Care-A Guide
- Nationally approved document to assist patients/families to consider aspects of planning for future care needs.
- Assists staff to become familiar with opportunities to introduce and support patients/families to planning for future care/acp.
- Can be ordered for service distribution.